The FrSky Tandem X20 Series is a dual-band telemetry radio system, its development has drawn on valuable feedback from FrSky’s extensive customer base, experience with previous radios and introduces many new features such as a color touch screen display, underpinned by an ergonomic design that provides unprecedented comfort when held.
On the RF side, FrSky has introduced a powerful and reliable TD dual-band RF system, which features the advantages of the FrSky 900MHz and 2.4GHz in one combined RF system. The TD dual-band RF system is characterized by true simultaneous dual-band remote control with telemetry, and superb end-to-end 4ms latency performance. When combined with ETHOS, a completely new operating system, FrSky’s Tandem X20 Series provides users with a powerful, intuitive, and flexible experience to enjoy across the entire world of RC.
A Very Well Thought Through Radio Design
Tandem X20 Series design has focused highly on technology, ergonomics, and user experience as follows:
The overall weight of Tandem X20 Series has been kept low, less than 1000 grams, by incorporating the use of light-weight materials while maintaining strong and robust quality. The radio system comes with an 800 x 480-pixel color touch screen display on the top area of the radio which is easy to read indoors and in direct sunlight outdoors.
The Tandem X20 Series has been complemented with 6 customizable buttons on the front case that allows for quick switching between features, ideal to be used for flight modes. Additional 2 rear momentary buttons have been introduced to provide flexibility, in the ideal position for DLG pilots launch fingers no matter if you are left or right-handed. All the trims and pots adopt the CNC metal hardware that makes the radio more endurable.
The two side handle grips of Tandem X20 Series are made with a high-quality comfortable material, designed ergonomically to fit the hand very well. Both hall-gimbals are well-positioned which makes the sticks very close to the grip edge allowing for ease to reach and control, also the spring tension can be adjusted.
Internal 900MHz/2.4GHz Dual-Band & External Module Bay
The TD dual-band RF system combines both the features and advantages of FrSky 900MHz and 2.4GHz RF together in one system. The TD features real simultaneous dual-band long-range control with telemetry that achieves reliable end-to-end 4ms latency while maintaining a robust and high-quality signal link. The entire range of TD, ACCESS & ACCST D16 receivers are supported. The built-in TANDEM RF System supports ACCESS and ACCST D16 protocols.
In addition, the Tandem X20 Series includes a rear Lite version module bay to offer more options to connect external devices. The external Lite module bay supports R9M Lite, R9M PRO Lite, XJT Lite, etc. FrSky welcomes working compatibility with the 3rd party products with their own developed technology following FrSky verified 3rd party compatibility-testing program.
ETHOS Operating System
ETHOS, as a thoroughly new operating system, designed from the ground up by RC experts, grants users a powerful, intuitive, and flexible experience that can maximize the fun of RC Hobby!
- Built-in TD 900M/2.4G Dual-Band Internal RF Module Supports Multiple Working Modes
- 2.4G ACCST D16Mode (Compatible with ACCST Receivers with D16 V2 or later FW)
- 2.4G ACCESSMode (Compatible with ACCESS Receivers)
- 900M ACCESSMode (Compatible with ACCESS R9 868/915MHz Receivers)
(*Capable of simultaneous working under ACCESS mode)
- 2.4G & 900M TD Mode (Compatible with TD Receivers)
- Super-low latency and long-range control with telemetry
(*Up to 50 to 100KM range and down to 4ms end-to-end latency)
- 800*480 Color Touch-Screen Displays
- 6 Quick-Mode Custom Buttons (Front) and 2 Momentary Buttons (Rear)
- Lite Type External Module Bay
- Built-in 6-axis Gyroscope Sensor
- All CNC Metal Trims, Knobs
- Haptic Vibration Alerts and Voice Speech Outputs
- Supports SWR Indicator Warning
- Supports Recharge System for 2S Li-ion Battery (USB Type-C Interface)
- High-speed PARA Wireless Training System (Compatible with FreeLink App3.0)
- High-Precision Hall-Sensor Gimbals with Metal Panel
- ETHOS: The more powerful, Flexible and Intuitive OS for your radio.
- Clear and Intuitive UI Design
- Supports Dual Operation Modes of Radio Display (Touch and Non-Touch)
- Supports Multi-Language Switching
- Hardware/Software Version and Factory Version Detection
- Supports running LUA Scripts
- Dimension: 212*200*95 mm (L*W*H)
- Weight: 809g (without battery)
- Operating system: ETHOS
- Internal RF module: TANDEM
- Number of Channels: 16/24 channels
- Operating Voltage Range: 6.5 ~ 8.4V (2S Li-battery)
- Operating Temperature: -10°C~60°C(14°F~140°F)
- Operating Current: 240mA@7.4V (typ.)
- Charging Current: ≤1A ±200mA
- USB Adaptor Voltage: 5V+0.2V
- USB Adaptor Current: >2.0A
- Backlit touchable LCD resolution: 800*480
- Compatibility: ACCST D16 & ACCESS & TD receivers