TBS Crossfire Transmitter
The TBS CROSSFIRE is a long-range R/C link based on the newest RF technology, capable of self-healing two-way communications, ultra-low latency, and range beyond comprehension. Perfect for anyone looking for the ultimate in range or the fastest, lowest latency controls for their planes and multi-rotors.
A NEW ERA OF CONNECTIVITY
The TBS CROSSFIRE is a long-range R/C link based on the newest RF technology, capable of self-healing two-way communications and range beyond comprehension. With a sensitivity of -130dB, full RF-side diversity, tiny receivers for FPV quads, the TBS CROSSFIRE contains the most modern technology to provide a superior long range control link.
Remote control links, however, are tasked with much more than range. Latency, telemetry, robustness against interference, connectivity with smart devices, ease of use and the overall finish are too often sacrificed for that last bit of range. The Crossfire comes with plenty of range and uses that margin for additional functionality and reliability. A bright future for FPV lies ahead :)
DEVELOPED BY EXPERTS
Team-BlackSheep has been notorious for long-range records, close-to-ground proximity flying in the Alps, and deep urban operations. During our numerous missions all around the globe, we have gathered a list of requirements, and have found that no existing system can cover them all. So we set on a long and painful path to develop a RC link system entirely from scratch, put it through its paces for over a year to ensure top-notch reliability and state-of-the-art functionality.
Through the OLED Display on the transmitter, you can monitor the real-time location of your drone (TBS GPS or BlackBox with DJI Naza or APM-based GPS required). The up- and downlink status provide a feeling of safety, the configuration options through the OLED display do away with any PC-based configuration tools. The pulsing LED relays your link budget and link health in colorized form (green = keep going, orange = turn around). In case of a crash, the location of the drone is visible on the OLED as well. The built-in battery on the receiver turns it into a beacon automatically - and it will continue to transmit its last known location until the battery runs out.
IT JUST WORKS
Apart from unparalleled range, the thing that we are most proud of on the TBS CROSSFIRE is that it just works. In the past, our question always was "could our R/C link keep up?". With the TBS CROSSFIRE comes peace of mind. But don't take our word for it. All leading drone racing organizers require pilots to fly the TBS Crossfire. All top drone racers fly the TBS Crossfire. The furthest long range missions are flown with TBS Crossfire. This is the long-range link that everyone has been waiting for!
TELEMETRY / CRSF
As a modern R/C link, it has telemetry built-in. Two-way communication opens up new possibilities. From streaming MAVLink to your smart device to updating your firmware, setting your video transmitter channel, or adjusting flight control parameters such as PIDs. Adaptive bandwidth controls the speed of transmission or optimizes for ultimate range. CRSF is a proprietary TBS communication protocol between the Crossfire and R/C and Flight Control. It provides ultra-low latency with incredible bandwidth (3x faster, 6x more data than any comparable protocol!). With such tight integration, the TBS Crossfire is the logical choice for anyone flying Betaflight, KiSS, or ArduPilot/Pixhawk platforms.
- Long-range, adaptive, and robust remote control system for your aircraft
- Immune to on-board noise
- Two-way communication link with real-time link vitals and telemetry
- Self-healing & frequency hopping (DSSS, FHSS)
- Adaptive bandwidth control and range optimization
- Serial Modem capable of transmitting MAVLink or other serial protocols (up & downlink)
- RX beacon mode to recover your downed aircraft
- Super easy binding and configuration via built-in display
- Low latency, 150Hz update rate (3x faster than typical RC links) control for perfect immersive feeling
- Two receiver models: 8ch Diversity Rx, 4ch PPM/SBUS Mini-receiver (4g weight!)
- 8 or 12ch output via PPM/SBUS/CRSF on both receivers
- Ability to fly with multiple friends at the same time (10 or more)
- Selectable RF power from 10mW to 2W (local restrictions apply)
- Dedicated head-tracking input option for full FPV immersion
Transmitter LED shows link health, OLED display forbuilt-in configuration
- Short-Range mobile connectivity telemetry output for smartphone apps
- Fully configurable by OpenTX and TBS TANGO remote using CRSF protocol
CRSF protocol interface toBetaflight, Kiss, and Raceflight FCs
- Expansion port for future feature support
- Micro-receiver for smaller drones. Smaller than you think!
- Software updates via RF Link
- Frequency Bands: 868MHz (EU, Russia) / 915MHz (USA, Asia, Australia)
- Input Voltage: 3.5 - 13V
- Power consumption: 1.1W (@10mW) - 3.2W (@2000mW)
- Dimensions: 55 x 89 x 15 mm
- Weight: 76g
1x TBS Crossfire Transmitter
1x TBS Crossfire JR Adapter
1x TBS Crossfire Stock Tx Antenna
1x Crossfire Futaba cable
1x Crossfire Graupner cable
1x Crossfire PWM Pigtail
1x Crossfire JST to XT30 cable